Monday, August 06, 2012

"Watermelon" Cupcakes


My Aunt had a family get together a few weekends ago, 
and I made these cute little cupcakes.

I'm not posting this for the recipe, more for the idea.
I thought it was a cute idea to make something as simple as a cupcake,
a lot more summer by making it look like a watermelon.

I just used a simple french vanilla cake mix and mini chocolate chips, 
added some neon pink food coloring.

For the frosting, I just used a simple whipped vanilla frosting with neon green food coloring. 
I piped on with a typical swirl, and put a chocolate chip on top to top it off.


I always make my own boxes for when I bring anything anywhere.
I get clothing boxes from Michaels, as well as the ribbon, and usually the cupcake papers.

Nothing too fancy. I just get a ribbon that matches my papers (if it's cupcakes),
and I make a label with a font that matches as well.
I hot glue the ribbon around the box, and make a bow and glue that on as well.
Makes them look more professional, even if it is something simple.

No comments:

Web Analytics Clicky