Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pumpkin Picking @ Mack's 2012

Yesterday Dave and I took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch.
Bringing along Megan, because she came to spent the weekend with us, 
so we could include her in our autumn festivities.



We went to Mack's like last year, only we made sure to go early enough this year
 so that we could actually get to pick them ourselves. I love Mack's due to their size. 
They have 3 zones, so if there's too many people, 
or not enough pumpkins in one zone, then you can always try another. (Same goes for apples.)


So Dave, Megan, and myself all picked one large pumpkin from the patch.
All pumpkins from the patch usually go for $.50 a pound. 
So we made sure to get the biggest most beautiful pumpkin in the patch.
After we found our winners, we paid for them at the stands and walked them to the vehicle, then headed over to the farm stand to grab some small sugar pumpkins, cider, donuts, and soda.


Once we got everything we headed over to the benches near the duck pond
 and relaxed for a little bit with our nice cold, New Hampshire made sodas. 
Mack's is an awesome place to go in the fall, it's very pretty.
They even have a 4 season hiking trail through the farm, 
which Dave and I might look into for something to do next year.






When we got home we carved some, and made a nice stuffed sugar pumpkin for dinner.
I didn't have much time to document them though, so I'm not going to write a post.

My pumpkin, and Megan's.
My pumpkin, and Dave's.
My large pumpkin.

No comments:

Web Analytics Clicky