Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple Crisp

I absolutely love apple crisp, and I absolutely love this recipe.
I will never stray from this recipe, I tried out a different one this year, and it was definitely not the same.
I have never had a better crisp, and I will hang onto this until the day I can't cook anymore.

I hope one day my grandchildren will remember me by my cooking, and especially my apple crisp.
Just make it, and you'll understand.

I don't have many pictures, because it really is fairly simple.
I would have just had a picture of sliced, and diced up apples in my pan, 
and a bowl of my top mixture. Not very entertaining, so I'll just leave you with the recipe.

Apple Crisp Recipe

Ingredients
  • 7 Tart Apples, cut into slices
     (I used Cortland Apples, they're good for everything.)
  • 4 Tsp Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 Cup Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick)
Preparation

PREHEAT the oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl combine your sliced apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. 
Mix by hand to coat evenly.
Evenly layer bottom, of a square cake pan, with your apples. 

In another large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and oats. 
Cut in the butter with two butter knives.
Sprinkle on top of the apples.

Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top looks crunchy and the apples are tender.

Serve with whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!

Yields ~ 8 Servings

No comments:

Web Analytics Clicky